|Ready in: 45 minutes||4 portions|
- 180g (1/2 cup) raw cashews, soaked in cold water for 3 hours
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 50 grams water
- 300g purple sweet potato, peeled, cut into 12 rounds
- 2 zucchinis trimmed, cut lengthways into 8 slices
- 1 small (350g) eggplant, trimmed, cut into 4 thick slices, lengthwise
- 250g firm tofu, cut into 8 slices
- 250ml (1 cup) tomato passata
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus basil leaves, to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g mixed salad leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Place the cashews, lemon juice and mustard in a blender.
Blend on high, gradually adding 2 1/2 tablespoons of the water, until cashews are smooth and a thick cream cheese-like consistency.
Place the sweet potato in a heatproof dish with the remaining water.
Cover and microwave on High for 1 1/2-2 minutes or until almost tender.
Heat a chargrill or barbecue over high heat.
Spray the zucchini, eggplant, tofu and sweet potato lightly with oil.
Grill for 2 minutes each side or until lightly charred and tender.
Combine the passata, basil and garlic in a bowl.
Place the eggplant slices on the prepared tray.
Spread eggplant with half of the cashew puree, top each with 2 zucchini slices.
Spread with half the passata.
Top with the tofu slices, remaining cashew puree, sweet potato slices
and the remaining passata.
Bake the stack for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
Top with basil leaves and serve with mixed salad leaves.